CBD ECommerce: Five Effective Tips to Gain Exposure and Customers
The CBD industry has seen remarkable expansion as more people worldwide started to accept the product. Since this segment is relatively new, it is a perfect fit for online advertising, more so since a massive network of products is available, and customers have their preferences.
Although authorities legalized the commercial hemp production and selling and then drafted the Farm Bill 2018, CBD merchants and marketers still encounter restrictions in advertising their products. Most common direct-to-consumer (DTC) means – Google, Facebook, Instagram, and so on – are now mainly irrelevant because of their rigid channel advertising regulations and restrictions.
So if you sell CBD products, what can you do to make your business flourish?
When CBD Meets ECommerce
Getting new customers is the highest priority in every expanding business. According to research, 40 percent of U.S. consumers aged 21 and above say they could consider trying CBD.
Although CBD is a cannabis construct, it is not a psychoactive drug; studies have demonstrated that it helps ease several health conditions, such as seizures, anxiety, migraines, insomnia, loss of appetite, inflammation, and other issues.
In light of these confirmed positive effects and a reportedly great pool of customers out there, all you have to do is make them find your business and start purchasing from you. In spite of how simple it might sound, this is a rather challenging task, so read on to find our five CDB marketing and advertising tricks that can help your business expand.
5 Best CBD ECommerce Tips
The CBD eCommerce tips we are going to discuss can assist a startup in facing the competition and flourishing.
For starters, you should think of a customer retention strategy, which is a key aspect of any business. Great retention plans will help you save money – it is 5-25 times cheaper to keep a client than to get a newbie – and gain money – existing customers usually spend more. According to recent studies, if you enhance customer retention by only 5 percent, your profits can grow by 25 to 95 percent.
So, here are our five CBD eCommerce tips to help your business gain exposure and customers:
Determine the CBD Product’s Market
It is not practical to assign a universal explanation for CBD promoting because, depending on the businesses, they might describe their product as pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics, pet, etc.
This is why businesses must outline specific positive effects they want to advertise and then offer their product to a suitable audience.
Find Alternative Strategies for CBD
We recommend using programmatic advertising, which means purchasing advertising slots with offers on an automated mechanism; they can be to marketers’ advantage because they maintain data about their clientele.
Some platforms that employ this type of bidding include Google and Facebook; however, these and various popular platforms enforce restrictions on the manner companies can advertise any cannabis-based product. Besides these platforms, you can also find programmatic advertising for other types of media, such as radio, TV, SMS marketing, and email marketing. The latter two channels are very private, personal, and businesses that use them have amazing marketing results.
Know the Legal and Media CBD Promoting Limits
Although CBD is not a psychoactive product, it has been illegal until not long ago. Businesses need to be aware of the marketing constraints at federal and various domestic or local extents and regulations on advertising platforms and conform with them.
Take Advantage of Social and Content Marketing
The rules we mentioned in the previous section do not always apply to social posts that are not promoted through the advertising platform on the website.
When it comes to online marketing, there are a few tips you can use:
- Create your content and informational videos – inform people about the difference between non-psychoactive CBD, THC, and other cannabis products, referring to various studies and testimonials. Build relevant and strong pillar pages and design useful content around them. Also, creating your content is crucial for both customer gaining and retention.
- Use brand ambassador programs – create a program that rewards loyal clients for advertising the products they already buy from your platform.
- Collaborate with influencers and other brands – since influencers are not advertisers and already have a massive audience, letting them advertise your products is a great strategy. Also, projects with other popular brands might create excitement around your products.
- Try multiple platforms and build connections – focusing on various platforms to understand what kind of advertising goes well on each of them is a great tactic. It is crucial to engage with your audience by replying to direct messages, comments, and mentions of your brand to take advantage of social media platforms
Make the Most of eCommerce Website Conversions
In order to maximize sales, you need to make sure that website visitors get to be loyal customers. As per BigCommerce, mediocre eCommerce websites anticipate conversion rates of one to two percent only. However, if the correct strategy can enhance conversions to better than average, they will render greater marketing responses, which means increased revenues and profits.
So, to make the most of eCommerce conversions, consider these tips:
- Use automated tools to respond to abandoned shopping carts
- Make sure customers understand the unique benefits of your product
- Create a great first impression with the CBD packaging design
The market for CBD products is expanding, so it might not be easy to stand out. However, to gain exposure, you need to define the benefits of the products you are selling, and therefore, your target market.
Next, find the best marketing platforms to advertise on while taking caution of their restrictions. With programmatic advertising, you can rapidly gain exposure, and by taking advantage of social and content marketing, you can increase your sales. Finally, ensure you are using the right tools and great packaging design to attract and retain more customers.